Thursday, October 23, 2008

Integrated Time Line of Science

Looking at the time line of important scientific events was very interesting. The first thing that people accomplished was domesticating animals. I see that this would be very import in making life easier and better. The domestication of sheep allowed for wool to make clothes and wheat for a food source. Looking later on the time line, I am amazed at what some of the people have accomplished. One important event is in the 16th century where Janssen invented the first telescope. This was a big discovery in science and allow for space exploration. What was discovered then is common instruments and basic knowledge nowadays.

I never thought about the time line of science before this class. I feel that I need to incorporate it lessons. By doing so, I can add a little history with my instruction, it really shows an appreciation for previous discoveries. Math is a big component that is closely related to science. Viewing the time line really gave me a sense of how important science is and how it changed the world. I feel without science all other disciplines would not have developed into what it is today. It is a driving force for a better tomorrow.

No comments: